Tutoring Adventures

This semester has been an amazing semester. I have had the opportunity to take a course in Diagnostic Reading Assessment on site at McCaw Elementary. This course has been my longest course as it starts at 1:30pm and ends at 4:20pm every Wednesday. From 3:20-4:20 every class period I have had the opportunity to tutor a group of three 1st graders in reading.

I am sad to think that after this week's class that I only have two more sessions with them before our tutoring is up as the end of the course is only a month away. I have had a great time working with them and teaching them comprehension strategies. They have written some amazing stories.

In this week's session, I gave them the following topic: You have found a treasure map. Where does it lead you and what do you find when you get there. The stories they wrote were interesting.  Next week, they will be creating treasure maps and writing a short paragraph about where their map leads and why it leads there. They will also include a sentence about what the treasure is.

I am looking forward to my last two weeks with them.

Comments