Adventures in Michigan-Family Day and Lighthouse Disappointment

Welcome back to my mini-series about our family vacation to Michigan. So far I have summarized our arrival day and first full day in Michigan. Now for day 2 and 3.
As you can tell from the picture, we went to church. Now, I grew up in a small church and my husband attended a big church. We currently attend one of the biggest churches in Las Vegas, so for me it was great to go back to a small church for a weekend. After church we went back to the house and had a nice family lunch.
After lunch and a nap, we went to get ice cream and spent the rest of the afternoon/evening relaxing. It was also raining that day and living in the desert we enjoyed the rain.
To follow up our relaxing Sunday, on Monday we went on an adventure to Seul Choix Point Lighthouse. My husband's aunt and uncle had told us that this lighthouse was said to be haunted. On Sunday afternoon, they had even showed us a video about it. I was excited to visit it. We drove from Escanaba, Michigan to Gulliver , Michigan to see the lighthouse. After hours of traveling we finally arrived only to find out they didn't open until Memorial Day which was a week after we were there. So unfortunately, we were unable to go inside, but I was able to take some great pictures. The pictures below are the pictures that I was able to capture.

Adventures In Michigan

Comments