What I Love About Me

I have the opportunity to link up with Holly over at Twins Plus One and Allison from Twingle Mommy for Week 4 of their What I Love About Me Blog Hop. This blog hop is a great opportunity for me to look at myself and build my self-esteem.
Photobucket
What I love about me this week is my love for reading and how I have the opportunity to pass that love of reading on to my son. I love the summer time because the public libraries have a Summer Reading Program. My son loves the summer reading program because he gets rewards for the time we spend reading. Now, for some kids this love for reading ends after the program has ended because they are just working toward the prize.

My son however loves to go to the library and get new books. I love taking him to the library and getting new books. I also love the Children’s programs at the library because they give my son the opportunity to have fun with other children and learn at the same time.

Another thing I love about me is how I love to teach my child. Over the past few months I have found tons of things to do that are educational. We have a little school time each day or at least try to. We had a routine going and then we went on vacation and haven't gotten back into our routine.

Comments

  1. Oh, thanks for reminding me about the library!! We'll totally have to do that again this summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, reading is so important and the earlier the better. Reading wasn't something that was "important" or "valued" in my house growing up but my kids always have a book in their hands (they are only 17 months old...LOL) I am going to check out our local library to see what, if any programs they have for little ones....thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome gift to give your son! I love to hear about kids who love to read.

    PS-Thanks for following my blog! Glad I found yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the library too. Isn't funny how excited kids get when they're together?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So agreed, the Library is an awesome place to take the kiddos- They see it as an adventure! Following you over from the Tuesday hop, hope you have a chance to stop by and check out our low entry giveaway ending Thursday! Its a minky lovie diaper cake! :)
    Cindy
    http://cute-ecakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I can't believe we live so close:) I think the Clark County library has a great Summer Reading program. Of course, we participate as well. So glad to connect with you via Twitter.
    Have a wonderful week,
    Barbara
    http://spanishforkids-jbplbarbara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the story time here at our public library. I bring my 7-month old baby every other week and they sing, read and use puppets. It's a great service to the children.
    I'm a new follower. When you have a free moment, please visit me at http://sweetvintagelady.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment