Most Memorable Children's Book


 Due to an issue with a class a took during the fall semester, I had to sign up for an accelerated winter course at the last minute to ensure that I would be able to student teach in the Spring. The course started December 19th and ends January 14th (3 days before I start student teaching). This course is about Literature for Young Adults. This is my post I wrote from my course that I thought made a great blog post. Throughout this course I will posting some posts that I have written as discussion posts for my course.

My most memorable children’s book is Chica Chica Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr.  This book is memorable because I read it when I was little and it helped me learn my letters. The book became even more memorable and special during my senior year of high school when I had the opportunity to do a 16-week internship in a Kindergarten classroom. At the end of my internship, the class presented me with a paperback copy of the book that they all signed. Now as an adult, I have had the opportunity to share it with my son and now it is one of his favorite books. 

This book is for children ages 3-5. The book is an alphabet rhyme/chant that relates what happens when the whole alphabet tries to climb a coconut tree. It is meant to reinforce the concept of letters once children have learned all of letters or even started to learn the letters.  As a child I liked the rhyme of the book and the colorful pictures. As an adult, I love how after only a few times of reading the book my child is able to read it with us. 


Comments