My First Jury Summons

So this past week I received my first jury summons...How exciting. Now before I go any further with my story. I want to say that I have no problem with recieving a jury summons. I feel that it is our right as American citizens to serve as part of our judicial system. With that said...on to the story.

So I got my first jury summons in the mail and was excited until I looked at the last name on my summons. You see the brilliant people that create the jury summons sent my summons in my maiden name. Now, I have to call and deal with the courts to see how this will work because my driver's license and social security card all have my married name. So technically, when I feel out the paperwork down at the courts should I have to actually appear it has to say my married name.



So the other day, I called. I kid you not I was on the phone on hold for an hour and then got cut off because they couldn't take any more calls because they were closed for the day. I was so frustrated. Now I have to call again. Just a word of advice: Don't call the courts at 4:30 thinking that you will get through before 5pm.

Stay tuned for updates.

Comments