Happy Birthday America and Happy Birthday Me

I know, I know it has been weeks since both Fourth of July and my birthday and I have yet to post about a recap. Well I am finally finding time to post a recap of both in one post. So think of it as a two for one special.

Fourth of July

Our fireworks
 We didn't do anything to extravagant for Fourth of July. We stayed at home, watched movies, had a squirt gun fight, grilled steaks and played with fireworks. My best friend joined us and it was an absolute blast.

The day started off with  me and my little man making french toast for breakfast. Then we just lounged around the house the rest of the day. My best friend came over about noon. We started our movie watching with Joyful Noise and then after it was over we played with some party poppers and my son's Super Soaker. We had a huge water fight.

Then after the water fight we went inside and started watching Journey 2: The Mysterious Island. Half way through the movie we decided to start eating, we started with salads and then we ate our main course of steak, baked potatoes and corn on the cob.  After the movie, was over we started to prepare for our fireworks show and then spent the remainder of the evening playing with fireworks.


22nd Birthday Bash

3 days after Fourth of July, I celebrated my 22nd birthday. It was a great day. It started off by taking my son to the Kid's Workshop at Home Depot, then we took him to Star Nursery for their Kid's Club Clinic and then we took him to Lakeshore Learning for their free craft. 

After spending most of the morning doing family things, my husband and father went to work at their weekend jobs. My mom and I stayed home to get the house ready for my party. My party started at 8:00pm. It was 90's theme party potluck style party complete with a decorate your own cupcake bar.

I invited a bunch of people and like any party you have people that rsvp saying they can't make it, you have people that rsvp saying they will be there and then you have the people that never respond. Well when it came to down to party time the only ones to show was my Aunt, cousin, my Aunt's boyfriend, and my best friend. 

To be completely honest I was a little disappointed by I didn't let anyone. Even though there wasn't a lot of people it was a great party. One of my friends who couldn't make it due to her summer school classwork took me out to dinner a week later.

Comments