Adventures of My Life: California Chapter

Alright, so this post is a post that I have been meaning to write for a long time. Therefore, I apologize in advance for the lengthy post. But this post will highlight and discuss everything that has happened since we moved to California.I know that over the course of the last three months I have briefly posted updates. So I will be referring to old posts. Alright enough with the commentary on to the actual post.

Back in December, my family moved to San Bernardino, California with no place to live and no jobs. We stayed in a hotel for a few days.Then the church I grew up in said they would let us stay on property in a old classroom that they are know using as a clothing sorting room for their clothing giveaway.We have been blessed by this action and through this action we are being able to bless others.

The little building we call home.
 In December, I posted about my husband going to Truck Driver School. Well it turns out that being a truck driver isn't in God's plan.With the assistance of WelFare my husband was able to complete a Security Officers Training academy. My husband loves the public safety field. His dream career is to be a Police Officer. So with this training and job experience will lead him in that field.

If you have been following my blog for a while you know that I have graduated from college with my Bachelor's degree in Education. While living in Las Vegas I could never afford to take to get my state teaching credential. Well, through God's blessings I have submitted the paperwork to get my state teaching credential here in California. I have run into some minor issues that are being worked out. In the meantime, I have found a job in the field of education that does not require a credential. I have been hired by Bright Futures Academy.

Bright Futures Academy is a private Special Education school. I have been hired as a 1:1 Aide. As a 1:1 Aide, I provide 1:1 care for a student who needs assistance in the classroom. My first day of work was March 26. I am very excited about this opportunity and looking forward to this new adventure.

If you have been following my blog for some time you know that my families car broke down on us in October, well a couple of weeks ago I posted that my husband and I bought a van. Well, when I took it to smog it failed because the of an idle timing issue. The quotes for repairs have been under $100 and once we get it fixed it will only cost about $193 to register it. Money is a bit of a problem. But God provided the van and God will provide the money to fix it.

Another fun new adventure that I have the opportunity to take part in is being the secretary for the church we attend. This is an amazing opportunity because I grew up in this church. At one time when I was a little girl, my mom was the church secretary. Being the church secretary is a great opportunity for me to use my creative talents and serve my Lord and Savior Christ.

Another part of this adventure that is pretty cool is that by attending the same church the I grew up in is that my son is the fourth generation to attend the church. And the Pastor who watched my Mom and me grow up is still around to watch my son grow up and being a relationship with Jesus Christ.

Well I think that sums up about everything that has happened. God has been providing and blessing. I know that he has a plan for my families life and in his time he will reveal his plan. I am excited to see what new adventures come.

Comments