Pasta + Pie + Bloggers = Fun Evening


Disclaimer: Marie Callender’s invited me to try out their new menu at a local location.  Besides a free meal no other compensation was given. All opinions are my own. 

First thing first, I would like to thank Megan from Sunshine Wonderland for organizing the wonderful event that she did. I had a great time meeting other bloggers and trying out Marie Callender's new limited time menu, "Pasta and Pie Amore." 
This is one of 80 Marie Callender's restaurants.
This one is located in Riverside, California.

This event was an exciting event for me as this was my first time meeting with other bloggers here in Southern California and in this type of event. I have to admit that at first I was a little nervous because I did not know what to expect. I am thankful that I had the opportunity to interact with a few of the bloggers before the event.  I am glad that we started off with an appetizer combo platter because it gave us a chance to mingle while waiting for other bloggers to arrive. It also gave a chance to break the ice. 
A sampling of mozzarella sticks, onion rings, crispy green beans and crispy chicken tenders. Served with spicy chipotle ranch and marinara sauce for dipping.
This new menu starts at 9.99 and up!  You get a pasta, chosen from 4 varieties: Baked Rigatoni with Caesar Salad, Shrimp Angel Hair Sorrento, Wild Mushroom Ravioli with Rosemary Chicken, and Chicken Pesto Alfredo with Caesar Salad. Each entree comes with a slice of pie. 
The New Limited Time Menu 
I tried the Chicken Pesto Alfredo with Caesar Salad. This was my first time trying a pesto Alfredo sauce. It had an interesting taste, but I actually enjoyed it. I however am not a big fan of Caesar Salads. Marie Callender's even accommodates vegetarians as Valerie of Mama Likes to Cook ordered her Chicken Pesto Alfredo without chicken. 
My Chicken Pesto Alfredo
After dinner came the hardest part of the evening....Choosing a pie. Marie Callender's has a huge selection of different pies.

Marie Callender's Limited Time Pie. 
After several minutes of trying to figure out what pie I wanted and going back and forth between several different choices I finally chose the Razzleberry Pie. The Razzleberry pie is a famous fruit pie filled with Raspberries and Blackberries baked together with a hint of apple. 
All the other bloggers pie
 The funniest thing about having dinner with bloggers is watching them steal food to take pictures. I sorta got lucky when it came to the pie photo shoot because they left my pie alone. The downside of this was that I have no before picture of my delicious pie. 

Me being a rebel taking a bite of my pie before the other bloggers could steal it.  
 I have to admit despite my being nervous. It was a great time meeting other bloggers. The staff at Marie Callender's treated us with amazing service. Our server Miguel, really went above and beyond his duties. He put up with a group of crazy ladies wanting to take pictures of every course.
Miguel-Our Amazing Server with Pie
From left Bottom to Top then around the table: (click on their name to get to their blog)
Megan of Sunshine Wonderland, Emily of Emmy Mom, Me Valerie of Mama Likes to Cook
Lourie of CA GirlCaryn of Midlife Guru Jamie of Minnesota Girl in LAWendy of  Wendyful World
 At this time, I would like to thank Emily for allowing me to borrow her pictures, since my cell died on the way to the event and I forgot my camera at home. I am just thankful that I had the opportunity to meet these ladies and interact with them. 


Comments

  1. It was great meeting you =0 And pie, who can't refuse pie, seriously?

    Hope you enjoyed your first blogger event and hope to see you at more down the road!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great meeting you to. I had a blast. I hope to be at more events down the road.

      Delete
  2. Holy cow I just realized I never read your post!! Ugh I feel awful- well better later than never.

    It was so nice meeting you! It was a great night and I think the size of the group was perfect as it made it that much easier to talk with everyone and not feel lost in the crowd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. It was so nice to meet you as well. I agree with you that the size was perfect.

      Delete
  3. What you did sounds so fun. I never thought of meeting with other bloggers in my own area. I do know of one in my small city. I wonder if there are others? Enjoy your SITS Day. You opened up something I might try in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun evening. The mozzarella sticks are enough to sell me on the entire meal. Love those things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want a bloggers sponsored meal with you!! How fun is THAT??! YUMMY too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun evening - I didn't even know Marie Callender had restaurants! I'm with Shana - love a mozzarella stick! (stopping in from SITS)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! I need for Marie Callender's to contact Austin, TX bloggers ;) If you’re ever looking for new recipes to try or DIY tutorials, I’d love for you to visit me at www.domesticfemme.blogspot.com ! Happy SITS Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like fun! Food is definitely a great way to break the ice with new people. Happy SITS day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still haven't met any bloggers in person but hope to this year.
    I forgot how good Marie Calendar's are - I haven't eaten at one in over 15 years!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a fun event. We used to have a Marie Calendar here in Marina del Rey and my son and I loved having lunch there when he was little. I miss those days and your post brought back delicious memories.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh it looks like you had such a fun day! I know some of those bloggers in that photo! Happy SITS Day Heather - maybe I will get a chance to meet you at a Southern California event.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to meet up with some local bloggers. I'm not sure how many live near me. I only know of one...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I miss Marie Callenders... Looks like you had a great time, I have yet to do a blogger meet up! I see on your G+ that you live in San Berdoo, I grew up in Riverside, ;) Hope you had a wonderful SITS Day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I miss Marie Callenders... Looks like you had a great time, I have yet to do a blogger meet up! I see on your G+ that you live in San Berdoo, I grew up in Riverside, ;) Hope you had a wonderful SITS Day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment