Forever and Always

On May 29, 2009,  I started one of the adventures of my life. I said "I do" to the love of my life. We started our adventure as husband and wife. We promised to love each other in good times and bad, in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, till death do us part.
Our Wedding Day
May 29, 2009
Well here, we are 4 years later,  we have made it through some tough times. We are still going through a rough patch financially.  But our love for each other only grows.
Our Vow Renewal
June 1, 2013
The Guy on the Right is our Best Man
On June 1, 2013, we stood in front of friends and family and renewed our vows. It was a more intimate occasion than our first, but just as meaningful.  My childhood Pastor officiated the ceremony. This was special to me because he has been there for many of the major moments in my life. He married my parents 26 years ago. He dedicated me to the Lord after I was born. He renewed my parent' vows for their 10 anniversary.  He was there for my family as we dealt with the loss of my brother. He dedicated my son to the Lord after he was born. It was a beautiful ceremony. Since our first wedding was an outside wedding, I was able to decorate in ways that I wasn't able to do the first time.

I am thankful all that attended and I can't wait to continue on this adventure. 

Comments

  1. What a wonderful post. Happy late anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated anniversary! What a beautiful family. You're lucky to have such great support in your pastor. I think a lot of people can relate to the financially hard times--it can make you closer to your partner, or create enough anxiety that it splits you apart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful that you were able to renew your vows and your marriage continues to strengthen. I wish you many more wonderful years of love and growing as a couple!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! A good man by your side can make all the difference when the rough times hit -- good job pulling together instead of allowing outside circumstances to split you apart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather, Happy Belated Anniversary! Congratulations on staying together and renewing your vows to each other, even through rough times. My husband and I have been through so many rough patches, but it seems like each time we make it through it strengthens our relationship. So I guess in a way, I'm thankful for those tough times. Thanks for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you had a wonderful anniversary. Congrats. I feel the same way about my husband. He's my everything. We will have been married 11 years this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your commitment to your marriage. Beautiful photos. Enjoy your SITS Day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's just lovely that you renewed your vows after four years!! Such precious pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful days, both of them! Love this post and congrats on your SITS day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary! and Happy SITS day, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your renewal of your vows. I think it's great that you have such a great relationship with your pastor!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our anniversaries are a day apart (ours is the 28th) - you're almost at four and a half years now! The best couples were married in May :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful family you have. You are truly blessed to be able to renew those vows with the "love of your life." Peace!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your renewal nuptials!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a happy and special moment! I would love to have a vow renewal. You look so happy! Congratulations and Happy SITS Day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful post, my hubby and I are also talking about renewing our vows in a few years. Thanks for sharing.
    Dropping by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Out of curiosity did you also acquire a big black guy who lives with you? dude your life IS an adventure

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment