Placing Summer on Hold

Summer is know for no school, family vacations and relaxing. I enjoy summer as much as anyone. But unfortunately, I have to put a temporary hold on some of the nice things about summer to go to work.

Don’t worry you read that right. I have to work. You see kids with special needs require what is called an extended school year. So instead of making them stay in school longer, my school decided to break it up. For the last 2 weeks we have been on break and now we must work for 2 weeks before we get a week off. Then after that week we have to work two more weeks before we get another two weeks off.

There are a few pluses to this extended school year schedule. The first thing is that at least it is not 3 full months without pay. The second thing is that the work day is shorter. My typical work day is from 8:45am-3:15pm. My summer hours are 8:30am-1:30pm.

Comments