Sea World Aadventures

I haven't been to Sea World since I was a little girl. So naturally I was excited when I heard that my work was taking a whole school field trip to Sea World. I was looking forward to the trip. The more we talked about it to the students, the more excited I got. When the day come some of my excitement had warn off.

My day started off with having to be at work by 6:30am because we had to be at Sea World by 9:45 am and it was at least a 2 and an half-hour drive. The bus ride was nice quiet bus ride. The fun begin when we got there.We assembled our groups off the bus and entered the park through the educational entrance. When we got in and figured out what was going on we didn't have much time in the park. The group I was with decided to start with the arctic exhibit because it was the closest to us.

The arctic exhibit had two entrances.  One was a non-motion simulation and the other was a motion simulation.  We chose to do the motion simulation because we thought the students would love it. They enjoyed it. After the simulation , you get to see a few arctic animals.  The animals we got to see were Beluga whales, walrus,  and a polar bear. At the end of the exhibit my student became escalated and we had a hard time getting her out. When we got her out we met up with the rest of the group. We chose to head to the Shark Encounter exhibit. 

It was in the Shark Encounter exhibit where my student escalated more and became aggressive. Thank goodness we were located near an exit and were able to get her out without her attacking anyone other one of the parent chaperons. Long story short, she was aggressive the rest of the trip. 

By the time I clocked out at the end of the day, I was ready to relax. It was a long 10 hour work day. The bright side of the whole day is that every hour was a paid hour. 






Comments