Who You’d Be Today?

It has been 12 years since that day since my world was turned upside down. 12 years since my heart was shatter.  But that day has made me who I am today. I am stronger and I know that whatever happens is all part of God’s plan for my life.

On May 28, 2001, my older brother passed away. My brother had a Brain Aneurysm. He was 3 days shy of his 13 birthday. We celebrated it the week before by having a big party. My Dad had the opportunity to baptize my brother.
33893_103118143092177_6895178_n
My Brother a week before his passing.
For those that don’t know a Brain Aneurysm is an abnormal bulge or "ballooning" in the wall of an artery in the brain. Most brain aneurysms produce no symptoms until they become large, begin to leak blood, or rupture.(For more information about Aneurysms: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/brainaneurysm.html)

I was only ten at them time and I am in the one who found my brother in the bath tub. It was a tragic time and at times it still is one of the hardest times in my life. My brother never got to graduate High School, get married and start a family. He never got to see me graduate, have a baby and get married.

Not long after his passing Country Music Superstar Kenny Chesney released a song that helped me through the difficult moments and to this day it helps me through the difficult moments.

Comments