Happy Birthday America.

Everyone loves the 4th of July. It is the best time of year for BBQ’s and for pyros to play with fire. This year’s 4th of July celebration was different, but brought about some new traditions.

Church’s Independence Day Celebration

As a kid, I enjoyed spending time at my church’s annual Independence Day BBQ.  This year was a little different than those as a child because I was involved in the planning and running it. It was a great time, don’t’ get me wrong but there are things that I would be better off with not experiencing.

We had 1/2 lb all beef hamburgers, 1/2 lb all beef footlong hot dogs, and 2 lb Baked Potatoes. We also had a brief program and fireworks show. All this took place on July 3.

2013-07-03 20.21.19

Our 4th of July Celebration

Since we didn’t have a lot of money for fireworks this year, we decided that we would just watch the fireworks from our neighbors. Boy, was it a good show. Since they are no houses on the street after us, we sat some what in the middle of the street and watched the fireworks from down the street and all around us.

2013-07-04 20.35.07

My little man did get to play with sparklers, because we had some saved up from a couple of years ago.

2013-07-04 21.02.27

Before dark we went out to one of my favorite restaurants for dinner and to celebrate my birthday.

Fireworks over Lake Gregory

I love finding new traditions to share with my little man. Our newest tradition that we found is going up to our friend’s house in Crestline to catch their 4th of July Parade and to watch fireworks go off over Lake Gregory.

2013-07-06 10.16.532013-07-06 20.19.17

Comments