Life’s Twists and Turns

Over the past month, my life has been filled with many different adventures and experience. Each adventure and experience has taught me something new.

My latest adventure has had to deal with my career in the field of education. It is no surprise that for the past six months I have been working at a non-public special education school. I have really enjoyed it. I have learned so much about the field of Special Education and I have learned so much from the children I have worked with.

On Monday, August 19th I received a call that would change my career path. That call was from the San Bernardino City Unified School District wanting to know if I was still interested in the Substitute Teaching position that I had a applied for in January.

Since teaching is and has always been my dream I said yes and scheduled the interview. The day before the interview I let me work know about it. Well, I got the job on the condition that I pass the CBEST. Well, I retook the CBEST and am currently waiting for my scores.

I had to call out for two days at my current job for the interview and the test. They were not happy. When I returned on Friday of last week. I was told as I was clocking out that our HR manager wanted to see. Since she was already gone for the day I had to wait until Tuesday of this week to talk to her.

At the end of the meeting with her, my position was essentially terminated. So as of September 3, 2013, my adventures of working at a non-public special education school as a 1:1 aide came to a close.

I believe that this is a sign from my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ that I will pass the CBEST and start my next adventure as a substitute teacher.

Stay tuned for more adventures.

Comments

  1. Just like they say--when one door closes, another will open for you. Can't wait to hear how things are going for you on your adventure. Good luck with your test scores!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment