Uncertainty in 2020



For days now I have been contemplating about weather or not to actually sit down and write about this. I decided to stop overthinking and just starting writing while trusting that God will provide me with the words that he wants me to express during this time.

Thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic our worlds have been turned upside down. People are experiencing things for the first time in their lives and something they may not experience every again. Like with anything in life EVERYONE has their opinion about what is happening.

Personally, I'm am choosing to remind as positive and go about life as normal as possible. I'm not saying that I don't think this pandemic is real or that it is not serious, I just understand that this pandemic is not something I can physical control. I can only control how I react to it and I choose to not live in fear or be anxious about it. I do understand that there are thousands of people whose lives will be forever impacted but this pandemic. I know that more people will be affected by the economical implications of this pandemic then those who are affected health wise.

With school buildings closed, parents, students and educators are forced to really work as team to ensure that distance learning is taking place so that children continue to learn. I see the struggles from both sides. Some people are left with a void because they are missing out on making memories that only happen once in life. While my heart goes out to them I love seeing all the ways that families are stepping in to ensure that a good memory is made even if it looks a little different then originally planned.

In the midst of struggles, hardships and uncertainty we have seen people come together in a way that I personally don't think would have been possible if it weren't for this pandemic. Yes there have been some people that are only thinking about themselves, but I have started to see people reaching out and thinking about others and wanting to help others.

Churches are streaming services via internet platforms and sharing the Gospel more now than I have seen in times past. For some families that are being able to spend more time together because all their "commitments" have been placed on hold.

For the first time in who knows how long Easter will be celebrated without HUGE egg hunts, without trips to see the Easter Bunny and much more. One thing that I have really noticed through this time is that more and more emphasis is being placed on what's truly important versus what isn't truly important.

At I sit here and write this no one really knows when things will go back to the way they were before this Pandemic started or what life will look like after this Pandemic is over, but personally what I think truly matters is that we never forget what we each learned, felt and even experienced during this time.

With any major event in our history, people feel that we aren't being told the completely truth and I honestly feel that we won't ever know what to believe and what not to believe. One of the most important things to remember is that everything happens for a reason and that in the midst of all our uncertainty there is ONE who knows why this happened and knows how it will turn out. That one person is GOD.

In the Bible the phrase "Don't be afraid" is written/used 365 times. We are told over and over again in the Bible to TRUST IN GOD. So no matter what happens around you and no matter how difficult it is trusting in GOD is the most important thing we can do.

Comments