Adventures in the Kitchen: No Bake Granola Bars



I love getting in the kitchen and making tasty treats and meals for my family. One of my favorite snacks is granola bars, but they can tend to be a little pricey and you don't get as many. So back in March while hosting a Pampered Chef party, I learned that they had a Snack Bar Maker that you could use to make your own home-made granola bars. So of course I put it on my wish list and my guest were so AMAZING that I was able to score myself one for free. I have used it several times in the last few weeks to make a few different varieties of no bake granola bars. 

Homemade granola bars have become a family favorite treat in our house, so I thought I would share the recipe here. This recipe is not a recipe that I personally created. I found it on the Pampered Chef website under their recipe section. 

NO-BAKE GRANOLA BARS

INGREDIENTS

  • 1½ cups (375 mL) old-fashioned oats
  • ¼ cup (60 mL) agave nectar or honey
  • 1 tbsp (15 mL) brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil or melted butter
  • 1 cup (250 mL) Total add-ins (Chopped nuts, dried fruit, chocolate morsels, crushed pretzels, crushed cereal or flaked coconut)

  • DIRECTIONS

    1. Heat in a skillet over medium heat for 3–5 minutes. Toast the oats (and nuts, if using) for about 4–6 minutes, or until browned and fragrant.

    2. Remove the oats and nuts from the skillet and add them to a mixing bowl. Add the remaining add-ins.

    3. Microwave the brown sugar, honey, and oil in a small microwave-safe bowl on HIGH for about 1 minute, or until bubbling. Pour the honey mixture over the oat mixture; mix well.

    4. Use a scoop to transfer the mixture into the wells of the Snack Bar Maker. Press down with a small spatula. Chill the tray in the freezer for about 10 minutes, or in the refrigerator until set.



  • Image may contain: food and indoor
  • Here's my latest creation "White Chocolate Cranberry Pecan ready to go in the fridge to set.

  • To get your own Snack Bar Maker you can visit my Pampered Chef Gals website by clicking the link below: https://www.pamperedchef.com/pws/nicoleechler/shop/Bakeware/Silicone/Snack+Bar+Maker/100000 

Comments