Adventures as a Behavior Interventionist

Well as I sit here an write this post I have successfully completed my first 30 days as of October 23. I have finished all my new hire training and have started my own case.

The journey to get to this point has been exciting. I wish I could share more about my adventures with you, but due to HIPPA laws I can't share too much with you. I can tell you that I am a great fit for my case as the child who I work with is the same age as my son. The biggest issue that I am currently working with is communication. My kiddo is verbal, but struggles with speech and asking for items. I am currently working on improving communication skills.

Due to some unforeseen circumstances, I was able to run my first session with the guidance of my Program Manger about a week ahead of schedule. Even though I was nervous, I just did what I had been trained to do and my Program Manager said I did a fabulous job and that she is excited to have me on the team, because she can tell that I will be a strong BI.


Comments