Loving Yourself


As a stay at home wife and mom of 3, I will be the first to admit that it is easy to put yourself last. But one of the most important lessons I have learned is the importance of making sure that you find time to love yourself (also known as self-care).

There are a variety of ways to find time to love yourself. One of the ways that I have started to find time for myself is to start working out. In June of 2019, I started going to the gym and I was making it a point to go to the gym 7 days a week if I could. I was loving the way I was feeling. But then at the end of August, I let life get the best of me and I stopped going to the gym.

Then toward the end of December, I decided that I was going to stop letting my excuses get the best of me. I did something and I knew that going to the gym wasn't the best option for me anymore. So I decided to go back to use BeachBody workouts. I fell in love with BeachBody programs in 2014. I had lost a good amount of weight from 2014-2016.

On January 23, I started a 100 day program called Morning Meltdown 100. I committed to pushing past my excuses and to start working out in the evening after 3 kids went to bed. To help keep me accountable I started sharing moments from my workouts on my Facebook stories. I quickly started receiving encouraging messages from my Facebook friends.

One phrase I have heard over the last month is, "I don't know how you do it." People are honestly blown away by the fact that as a busy wife and mom of 3 kids, I find the time to do a workout. I will admit that it is not easy and there are times where I have other things that I would rather do, but honestly since I have started working out I have started to feel better not only mentally, put physically.

So basically what I am trying to get at is even though as a mom it's easy to put yourself last, but I promise you that if you make an effort to find time for yourself you will thank yourself in the long run. 

Comments